Monday, June 2, 2008

there's a leg on my keyboard


Providence Summer '08 begins in a roasting living room with a leg in my face, making it difficult to type. At least it's a smooth leg.

I decided that I wish I was a blogger. They seem pretty cool, intelligent, witty.... must have free time. I at least have the latter as a recent college grad with no full time job and no solid plans. If other people can blog, why can't I? I do think I'm a little boring, but when I expressed this frustration to Beth, my new/favorite/weirdest/best roommate ever, she sympathized. And so our co-blog was born. Literally in 30 seconds. I didn't know it was so easy!

In fact, it happened so quickly, we decided the title was not even important. Or we both just have writer's block and are lazy. In fact... now that I'm thinking about it, I bet the title will turn out to be the most relevant title possible by the end of the summer. I predict we accomplish very little in the next three months besides grilling on the Astroturf and taking weekend trips to the beach, along with some fro-yo and Honey Moon action. Maybe some man love thrown in. I should figure out my future, but I'll probably be too busy gallivanting around Rhode Island with her. Thinking about the future is for jerks. I would rather enjoy my current view of Beth's shorts around her ankles and the soft hum of the AC.


On that note, I would like to mention that tonight we ate sushi, watched House, found amazing frozen yogurt and began to plot future nights of matched delight (on the list: Spike's, falafel, cheap movies, more fro-yo, lots more, and maybe some boys from Brown.)

(Just kidding Matt.)

So my first day of settling into this new city was successful, and tomorrow brings my first day of the Executive Assistant gig (ooooOOoooOOo) that Bethers helped me land for the summer. Now I'm going to go spoon her and do some pleasure reading.... because I can do that now. I grajuatid. I have time.

No comments: