Tuesday, June 3, 2008

post-grad just means BROKE.ASS.HOE.


Currently regretting my leather graduation gift from myself. Having a BA from Emerson College should have been considered the only gift I need.

NOT that anyone who might be reading this blog needs to know specifics regarding my finances, but this is too good not to share. When I say I'm broke, I'm not kidding.

This realization is particularly fun because I have made a valiant effort not to spend excessive amounts of money lately besides the budgeted $50 for groceries. This is mainly because I knew that was all I had to my name, and I've decided sustaining my life and well-being is the most important thing I can spend my measly income on -- but also because en général, I know I need to restrain from frivolous spending and get my shit together this summer.

However, I habitually checked my accounts today (this became a daily routine when I discovered an unauthorized credit card had been opened in my name at my home branch while I was across the country -- BOA users beware) and was nearly brought to tears when I discovered I was not $8 rich as I had thought but in fact -- due to the erratic order and timing in which credits seem to clear -- I am FLAT. BROKE.


Checking overdrafted, savings took the blow, and here I sit -- somewhat shocked and mostly pissed off (yes, yes, at myself. I blame no one.) I know there's $10 there, but I obviously can't touch that $10 considering the possibility that if anything were to go wrong and I were to overdraft, it would cost me three times as much.


SAD.

So, Beth and Matt (and anyone else who might be considering hanging out with me): FYI. When I say I'm broke, I'm not kidding. When I'm sad because I can't do anything fun with you, it is not an attempt to avoid you. When I toss and turn at night, it's because I'm having nightmares of my shitty car running out of gas, falling to pieces beneath me and tearing off my uninsured limbs for which I will not be able to afford any hospitilization or medication. I'm going to die.

Oh, and fuck you Emerson College. Thanks for taking all my money.

No comments: